Re: Query inside RTF

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Query inside RTF
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 10:58:05AM -0300, Leonardo M. Rammm wrote:
>   cast(rtf_field as varchar) like '%condition%'

I don't think that cast isn't doing what you expect at all.  As an
example, try doing something like:

  select cast(bytea e'hi\nbye' as varchar);

encode() may be what you want instead.  How do RTF files handle
encoding?  You may have better luck with using a specialized program to
pull the text out of the RTF file and then using the text search stuff
in PG.  LIKE conditions can't be indexed well and hence the above is
going to be slow for any reasonable number of documents.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

От: "Leonardo M." Ramé
Сообщение: Re: Query inside RTF
От: wstrzalka
Сообщение: Give me a HINT or I'll got crazy ;)