Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove too-smart-for-its-own-good optimization of not overwriting

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove too-smart-for-its-own-good optimization of not overwriting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark escribió:

> I think there's a trick to cover this case but I don't recall what it is.
>
> Does generating a stamp file help? If you had a rule saying to trigger
> generating the output files because the stamp file is out of date
> which might or might not touch the .h file which would trigger more
> files to be rebuilt then everything should work.... except I fear this
> leads us back to the "make rule which generates two files" problem...

That doesn't work because the files being generated are headers, and
thus they are detected as dependent files automatically by gcc's -MMD
feature (--enable-depend)

Maybe there's a way to make it work but this is not it.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove too-smart-for-its-own-good optimization of not overwriting
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove too-smart-for-its-own-good optimization of not overwriting