Re: Using pg_migrator to upgrade 8.3->8.4

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Using pg_migrator to upgrade 8.3->8.4
Дата
Re: Using pg_migrator to upgrade 8.3->8.4
Список pgsql-admin
Mark Corner wrote:
> We are looking to upgrade out 8.3 db to 8.4.  The full dump and
> restore is not very attractive due to the downtime involved.
>
> pg_migrator is an attractive option, but we have butted up again the
> integer datetime timestamp problem:
>
> "Old and new pg_controldata date/time storage types do not match.
>
> You will need to rebuild the new server with configure
> --disable-integer-datetimes or get server binaries built
> with those options."

Yep, that is necessary.

> We also noticed that the are non id rpms available for 8.3, but we
> couldn't find any for 8.4 here:
> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore

No idea if anyone is building RPMs for it.  The source and Win32
binaries are here:

    http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000235

> So, is the best option to compile postgres from source?  Is there
> anyway to change the storage of timestamps in our 8.3 db online (I am
> guessing no...)?

Nope.

От: Mark Corner
Сообщение: Using pg_migrator to upgrade 8.3->8.4
От: Mark Corner
Сообщение: Re: Using pg_migrator to upgrade 8.3->8.4