Re: Issues with LC_COLLATE, across 8.3/8.4 on various platforms

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Issues with LC_COLLATE, across 8.3/8.4 on various platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Tuesday 02 February 2010 17:37:05 ο/η Tom Lane έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > What is the shortest way to change the default locale on a production installation running PostgreSQL-8.3.9?
> > Is there anything less painful than dump, initdb,restore?
>
> No :-(

Thanx Tom,
taking into account that the large and most important DB in our installation (over 100Gb as SQL dump) lives in a
tablespaceof its own,
is there a way to "cheat" postgresql after initdb in order to see this tablespace and the database in it, avoiding the
wholecycle?
i think this is not a good idea, i just thought i could ask, just to make sure.

--
Achilleas Mantzios

От: "Wang, Mary Y"
Сообщение: Re: Startup proc 30595 exited with status 512 - abort and FATAL 2: XLogFlush
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Issues with LC_COLLATE, across 8.3/8.4 on various platforms