Re: pg_migrator from 32bit to 64bit arch -- does it work? caveats?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator from 32bit to 64bit arch -- does it work? caveats?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Keith Gabryelski wrote:
> I'm interested in using pg_migrator to upgrade between postgres server 8.3
> and 8.4 on a database
> about 4G in size.
>
> In addition, I'd like to move from a 32bit centos os (currently running the
> 8.3 server) to 64 bit centos os (running a 64bit arch 8.4 server).
>
> Will pg_migrator handle this?

No, I do not think it would work to move from 32 to 64-bit because of
alignment changes.

От: Keith Gabryelski
Сообщение: pg_migrator from 32bit to 64bit arch -- does it work? caveats?
От: Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Сообщение: Disabling triggers with psql (gforge 7.4 to 8.2 migration)