Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I suggest that we document hostaddr as being an auxiliary field that is
> not intended to be the primary source of the host name, but merely saves
> libpq from having to do a forward DNS lookup.  In some cases it will
> work to supply hostaddr without host, but in others it won't.  We should
> also state that supplying it does not guarantee no DNS lookups occur,
> because these external auth libraries will do one anyway.

That sounds like it implies we'd also remove the check which prevents
Kerberos from being used and fix it to use hostaddr if host is null.
That's fine with me.  I'd rather have it not broken anyway.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5559: Full SSL verification fails when hostaddr provided