Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 02:28:52PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Continuent accidentally sent a non-PostgreSQL announcement to
> pgsql-announce.  They've asked us to NOT approve it (and said
> sorry).

Got it.

I have another copy of this silliness that went to my personal email,
just as I have every other time they've done this.  I have never so
much as vaguely intimated to Continuent or to any representative of
that firm that it's OK to send me marketing email.

If this were the first, or even close to the first time that they'd
done something like this, I wouldn't bring this up.  As it is, they
have established, over years, a pattern and practice of unsolicited
commercial email, and I'd like to propose that the domain get blocked
from sending anything to postgresql.org until they have shown just
exactly what measures they've taken in order to prevent this ever
happening again.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve