Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 streaming replication failure

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 streaming replication failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:55:48AM -0500, Ray Stell wrote:
> I had set up this streaming replication pair of systems a few days ago and
> everything seemed pretty happy as changes were being replicated.  I set
> it up without wal archiving turned up.  The backup log this morning caught
> my eye.  I find the standby reports to have activated itself.
>
> I don't see anything in the postmaster logs on this event.
>
> The backup log caught my eye:
> -------------------------------
>  pg_start_backup
> -----------------
>  1/E0000020
> (1 row)
>
> NOTICE:  WAL archiving is not enabled; you must ensure that all required WAL segments are copied through other means
tocomplete the backup
>  pg_stop_backup
> ----------------
>  1/E00000C4
> (1 row)

my bad, this was a path issue, I was using a v8 pg_controldata cmd.
the v9 pg_controldata looks good.  Sorry.

This does not explain the backup/wal archive msg, however.  Is that
msg normal for a streaming rep set up?

От: Ray Stell
Сообщение: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 streaming replication failure
От: Marc Fromm
Сообщение: Re: phpPgAdmin configuration