REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it

От Frank van Vugt
Тема REASSIGN OWNED doesn't for all objects, ALTER FUNCTION seems to fix it
Дата
Список pgsql-general
L.S.

# select version();
                                        version
 PostgreSQL 8.4.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
4.4.4, 64-bit
(1 row)

In a production database we experienced the following:

* the database contains a number of tables and functions owned by user A

* one is logged in as postgres

* upon issuing 'REASSIGN OWNED BY A TO postgres', all tables and _most_
functions changed ownership, but not all.... a number of functions stay marked
as owned by A, nothing weird in the logs, the reassign looked like it
completed successfully

* there doesn't seem to be anything 'special' about the functions that did not
change ownership

* changing ownership for one of these functions by using 'alter function'
succeeds without any problem

Mind you, we tested the reassign in a trial database first, a freshly restored
dump, and there the reassign worked properly / completely.

Any hints as to what could cause this? We left the production db as-is, so we
still have a number of these functions 'still owned by A' for which we could
check things in pg_* tables or something.

--

Best,

Frank.

От: bkwiencien
Сообщение: stymied on postgresql upgrade
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: stymied on postgresql upgrade