Re: Proposal: casts row to array and array to row

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Proposal: casts row to array and array to row
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:40:26AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> What do you think about this idea?

+1, belatedly.  Having inherent casts to/from text since version 8.3 has
smoothed out some aggravating corner cases.  If the patch isn't invasive and the
casts are all explicit-only, I anticipate a similar win.

True, unlike any -> text, not every cast will actually work.  However, the
semantics are well-defined and incompatible choices can be detected just as
readily as we do for incompatible casts among scalars.

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Show statistics target in \d+
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: type privileges and default privileges