Re: Best practice non privilege postgres-user

От Frank Lanitz
Тема Re: Best practice non privilege postgres-user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:53:05 -0400
Moshe Jacobson <moshe@neadwerx.com> wrote:

> I do not know of anything that can't be done from within psql.
> We use non-privileged user roles in postgres for day-to-day
> operations. When I need to modify the schema, I become postgres (you
> can do \c - postgres) and do what I need to do, then revert back to
> my regular user.

It's not only about the things that can be done from within psql. At
least originally. Some of our currently workflows are basing on real
shell access.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de>

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Different results from view and from its defintion query [w/ windowing function]
От: Sebastien Boisvert
Сообщение: postmaster.pid file auto-clean up?