Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file

От Leif Biberg Kristensen
Тема Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Torsdag 20. september 2012 19.27.22 skrev Alan Millington :
> Thank you for the link. I am using Notepad, which inserts the byte order
> mark. Following the links a bit further, I gather that the version of
> Notepad that I am using may not identify a UTF8 file correctly if the byte
> order mark is omitted. Also, as I mentioned, Python makes use of it. (From
> the Python documentation on Encoding declarations: "If the first bytes of
> the file are the UTF-8 byte-order mark ('\xef\xbb\xbf'), the declared file
> encoding is UTF-8 (this is supported, among others, by Microsoft’s
> Notepad).")
> The conclusion seems to be that I must use one editor for Python, and
> another for Postgres.

It's been a long time since I last wrote a Python script, but I've always used
the explicit encoding directive:

#! /usr/bin/env python
# -*- encoding: utf-8 -*-

See http://docs.python.org/release/2.5.1/ref/encodings.html which also
mentions the BOM method as an alternative.

regards, Leif

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file