Re: Hot Standby Feedback should default to on in 9.3+

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Hot Standby Feedback should default to on in 9.3+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Claudio Freire wrote:

>> With what setting of max_standby_streaming_delay? I would rather
>> default that to -1 than default hot_standby_feedback on. That
>> way what you do on the standby only affects the standby.
>
> 1d

Was there actually a transaction hanging open for an entire day on
the standby? Was it a query which actually ran that long, or an
ill-behaved user or piece of software?

I have most certainly managed databases where holding up vacuuming
on the source would cripple performance to the point that users
would have demanded that any other process causing it must be
immediately canceled. And canceling it wouldn't be enough at that
point -- the bloat would still need to be fixed before they could
work efficiently.

-Kevin

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Removing PD_ALL_VISIBLE
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables