Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane [2013-02-13 18:34 -0500]:
> Uh ... why would we be "deprecating" Martin's packages at all?

We currently have my backports PPA, Christophs pgapt.debian.net, and
apt.postgresql.org. It seems to me that of all three,
apt.postgresql.org is both the most complete (as it also has many
extensions) and also safer in the sense that it only publishes
packages after they passed the whole p-common test suite. While I run
the latter for the development release uploads, I don't run them on
all backports.

Installing the GPG key is unfortunately a separate step from
 sudo add-apt-repository 'deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ precise-pgdg main'

as this cannot currently determine the GPG ID. It would be possible to
to so by downloading Release and looking at which key ID it is signed
with, but it's not currently done.

The bit that I don't quite like, and I quickly discussed that with
Christoph on FOSDEM, is the requirement of apt pinning. I'd much
rather drop the "NotAutomatic: yes" and the explicit pinning, so that
the repo will be used when you add it (as usually that's what you
want, after all?) People who don't want all packages there can still
configure pinning, but the current "all or nothing" instructions don't
do that anyway.

Either way, for the time being I still keep the PPA, I just want to
start pointing people at apt.postgresql.org. I'll at least keep the
10.04 LTS and 11.10 packages until the EOL of their respective distro
releases, to avoid breaking existing installs. But from 14.04 LTS
onward I'd like to fully switch to apt.pg.o, i. e. I will not include
any newer Ubuntu release into the PPA any more.

Thanks,

Martin

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA