Re: New kind of crash?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: New kind of crash?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> This is one I've never seen before:
> >>
> >> =3D> select generate_master_tables();
> >> WARNING:  AbortTransaction while in COMMIT state
> >> PANIC:  cannot abort transaction 9387287, it was already committed
> >=20
> > Anything that causes an ERROR in the final stages of a transaction
> > commit will look like this.  Maybe, for example, something tried to
> > acquire more shared memory for something (serializable xact?) but tha=
> > was already full because of lock objects.
>=20
> Well, is it worth trying to reproduce and diagnose?

IMO it's worth adding enough protections that in these situations you
get regular ERRORs rather than PANICs, assuming the scenario is not too
contrived and the required patches are not too complex.

--=20
=C1lvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: New kind of crash?
От: Rushabh Lathia
Сообщение: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type timestamp with time zone