Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Reorder 9.3 release note items
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2013-04-21 21:04:17 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 08:22:38PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On 21 April 2013 15:09, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > > New text is, based on Simon's request about adding failover speedup:
> > >
> > >         Improve performance of streaming replication log shipping and
> > >         standby promotion (Andres Freund, Simon Riggs)
> >
> > Um, it's hard to see how that text relates to what I requested.
> >
> > It's an important thing for High Availability that failover is now
> > fast; a feature we have been waiting for some time. The point is not
> > that the performance is improved, the point is we can now achieve 5
> > nines availability, whereas before we couldn't.
> >
> > > It is worth breaking those out into two items?
> >
> > Yes, they are completely unrelated.
>
> OK, new text:
>
>       <listitem>
>        <para>
>         Improve performance of non-synchronous streaming log shipping (Andres Freund)
>        </para>
>       </listitem>

Its about synchronous_commit = off of which is more than just
non-synchronous replication. How about
* Greatly reduce replication delay in streaming replication when
  synchronous_commit=off (or asynchronous commits) are used locally

>       <listitem>
>        <para>
>         Allow much faster fail-over to a standby server (Simon Riggs)
>        </para>
>       </listitem>

I think this should also mention Kyotaro Horiguchi
(c.f. fd4ced5230162b50a5c9d33b4bf9cfb1231aa62e)

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: doc: Fix syntax in example
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: 9.3 release notes: update streaming replication speedups