Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2013-06-04 16:20:12 +0100, Federico Campoli wrote:
> >Well, if you check the output in that file you can see that 'apply' is
> >progressing, so it's not stuck in some specific area.
> >Is the startup process cpu bound during that time? If so, any chance to
> >get a profile?
>
> Please find attached the profile file and the postgresql log generated in
> the test run on my sandbox.

Unfortunately a gprof profile isn't meaningful without the generating
binary as far as I know. Could you either generate the callgraph or just
generate a perf profile like:

# start_test
# perf record -a
# ctrl-C
# perf report > somefile

And then send somefile?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Memory-leak in BackgroundWriter(and Checkpointer)
От: Federico Campoli
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8192: On very large tables the concurrent update with vacuum lag the hot_standby replica