Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2013-06-27 10:29:14 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > ... So what we need
> > to do is to make the comment depend on the constraint instead.

> Your proposed patch will only fix the problem for dumps created after
> it ships.  In the past, we've tried to deal with this type of issue by
> having pg_restore fix up the dependencies when reading a dump, so that
> it would still work on existing dumps.

Yes :(. On the other hand, it's probably not too common to create
comments on indexes that haven't been created explicitly.

> I'm afraid there may be no way to do that in this case --- it doesn't
> look like there's enough info in the dump to tell where the dependency
> link should have led.  But we should think about it a little before
> taking the easy way out.

The only thing I could think of - but which I thought to be too kludgey
- was to simply delay the creation of all comments and restore them
together with ACLs. I don't think we can have dependencies towards
comments.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments
От: daniel.degasperi@r3-gis.com
Сообщение: BUG #8260: problem with sequence and tablename