Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jul  4, 2013 at 02:00:24AM +0530, Dev Kumkar wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     And let's not forget that column aliases can be used as indentifiers in
>     queries:
>
>             test=> SELECT 1 AS x
>             test-> ORDER BY x;
>             ---
>              1
>             (1 row)
>
>             test=> SELECT 1 AS "X"
>             ORDER BY x;
>             ERROR:  column "x" does not exist
>             LINE 2: ORDER BY x;
>
>     Changing this would mean that the same identifier would have different
>     case-folding rules depending on where it appeared in the query.
>

> Sorry but I am not sure about your point here. Currently if the alias is quoted
> then same needs to be used in queries as identifies:
> SELECT 1 AS "X"
>         ORDER BY "X";

You would need to double-quote 'x' in the ORDER BY, but not in the
target list (because case would be preserved there)  --- that is
confusing.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Dev Kumkar
Сообщение: Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
От: Andreas
Сообщение: monthly statistics