Re: pg_upgrade ?deficiency

От Karsten Hilbert
Тема Re: pg_upgrade ?deficiency
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:22:50AM -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I would be happy to supply a patch to treat
> default_transaction_read_only the same as statement_timeout or
> standard_conforming_strings in pg_dump and related utilities.
> Since it causes backup/restore failure

... (and pg_upgrade failures -- which may internally
     just be dump/restore cycles ?) ...

> on perfectly valid databases I even think this is
> a bug which merits back-patching.

Thanks so much, Kevin, for offering to work
on that part. Maybe it's a small thing but
it'll make PostgreSQL once again feel
professionally consistent.

I would have needed to become proficient in C
and get acqainted with the PG source in order
to produce a patch myself.

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade ?deficiency
От: Mike Broers
Сообщение: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0