Re: BUG #8139: initdb: Misleading error message when current user not in /etc/passwd

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #8139: initdb: Misleading error message when current user not in /etc/passwd
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Agreed.  It isn't designed to add missing OS functionality, but it is
> > > mostly OS-specific code.
> >
> > It's not for portability, though, is it?
>
> Well, neither is sprompt.c, but that has a lot of port-specific code in
> it, so I used that as a guide.

src/common was created much later than sprompt.c was written.  I would
have thought that the consideration would have been that sprompt.c
should eventually be moved to src/common; not that it would serve as a
precedent for anything.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8139: initdb: Misleading error message when current user not in /etc/passwd
От: Umesh Kirdat
Сообщение: Out of memory in CIFS leads to database crash