Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
firoz e v wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to store the password in ".pgpass" file in an encrypted format (for example, to be used by pg_dump).
>
> Even though, there are ways to set the permissions on .pgpass, to disallow any access to world or group, the security
rulesof many organizations disallow to hold any kind of passwords, as plain text.

> If there is no existing way to do this, shall we take up this, as a patch?

Maybe you can memfrob() the password to encrypt it before writing, and
then memfrob() it back before applying it.  Would that be secure?

От: Hadi Moshayedi
Сообщение: Cost estimation in foreign data wrappers
От: Christian Kruse
Сообщение: Re: Storing the password in .pgpass file in an encrypted format