Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar  5, 2014 at 10:43:57AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:36:02AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> >> With that said, does anyone involved with -docs pay attention to new
> >> comments?  I'm not sure if an alert is sent over there.  If it is,
> >> it makes the submissions much more useful and allows for a level of
> >> interactivity.
>
> > I believe Tom Lane goes over the comments before every major release and
> > merges useful suggestions into our docs.
>
> Uh, no.  That would possibly be a useful thing to do, but I don't do it
> --- I don't even have a way to examine the existing comments, short of
> manually visiting every one of the HTML pages.

Uh, I see you tried to do it in 2003:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20545.1068921919@sss.pgh.pa.us

and I see you doing it in 2005:
commit 7da8623a562d3f6c25363796ed3df086a4da4594Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>Date:   Sun Jan 9 18:58:10 2005
+0000   Last batch of updates in response to 7.4 interactive docs comments.

I assumed you were still doing it, but I don't see anything post-2005,
so I am concerned we have not been doing it recently.  Can someone
confirm this and perhaps do it for post-2005?

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Interactive Doc Comments - Their Future?