BUG #11523: Regular expressions work differently on different platforms

От dmigowski@ikoffice.de
Тема BUG #11523: Regular expressions work differently on different platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      11523
Logged by:          Daniel Migowski
Email address:      dmigowski@ikoffice.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
Operating system:   Debian Linux 6.0.6 + Windows 7

I recently found that regular expressions, or specifically the [:space:]
shorthand escape work differntly on Windows and Linux. On Linux the
non-brakeable space is not included in the shorthand escape, on windows it
is. The following statement is therefore true on Windows and false on
Linux:

    select convert_from(E'\\xA0'::bytea,'ISO8859-1') ~ '\s'

This brakes email validation here, and the insert of a linux created backup
into my windows machine. Is it possible to fix that? Is there a reason that
UTF-8 on Linux differs from UTF-8 on Windows?

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #11457: The below query crashes 9.3.5, but not 9.3.4
От: feikesteenbergen@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #11524: Unable to add value to ENUM when having AUTOCOMMIT disabled in psql