Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 10/09/2014 07:07 AM, jim_yates wrote:
> >Alvaro Herrera-9 wrote

> >>The one labelled NextMultiXactId.

> >>It doesn't matter, actually.  pg_database is a shared catalog, so an
> >>update would affect all the databases.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
> >>PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services
> >
> >I tried doing the update to pg_database on my Dev server and I can't get it
> >to work.  How do I calculate the new datminmxid value?
> >
> >NextMultiXactId:  30349  relminmxid from pg_class for the table: 8376
> >
> >If I subtract the relminmxid from the nextmulixact I get 21793 which won't
> >work.
> >
> >production-copy=# update pg_database set datminmxid=21973 where
> >datname='production-copy';
> >ERROR:  column "datminmxid" is of type xid but expression is of type integer
>
> Casting issue, try:
>
> update pg_database set datminmxid='21973' where
> datname='production-copy';

There must have been some confusion somewhere; certainly you shouldn't
be subtracting anything.  The subtraction was just suggested as a way to
determine the age.  The value to update pg_database.datminmxid to is the
oldest one of all the relminmxid in pg_class; so if you have 8376 as the
minimum value there, that's what you set pg_database.datminmxid to.  Not
the 21973 value.
update pg_database set datminmxid='8376' where datname='production-copy';

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue
От: jim_yates
Сообщение: Re: could not access status of transaction pg_multixact issue