Re: superuser() shortcuts

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: superuser() shortcuts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> In the context at hand, I think most of the messages in question are
> currently phrased like "must be superuser to do X".  I'd be fine with
> changing that to "permission denied to do X", but not to just
> "permission denied".

Apologies for the terseness of my (earlier) reply.  This is exactly what
I'm suggesting.  What was in the patch was this change:

! ERROR:  must be superuser or replication role to use replication slots

---

! ERROR:  permission denied to use replication slots
! HINT:  You must be superuser or replication role to use replication slots.

On reflection, perhaps it should be an errdetail() message instead of an
errhint() message, but the complaint levied against the change was
making it be 'permission denied to X' and moving the 'must be superuser'
out of the errmsg().
Thanks!
    Stephen

От: Palle Girgensohn
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: superuser() shortcuts