Re: Storing Video's or vedio file in DB.

От Vincent Veyron
Тема Re: Storing Video's or vedio file in DB.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:55:46 +0100
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:

> Another downside you didn't mentioned is the fact that you have to distribute the files in the filesystem properly.
> Having thousands or even millions of files in a single directory is not going to be maintenance friendly either.

That's not a very hard problem to solve. Just write a script that splits the directory into 1000 file chunks, I did it
withperl from scratch in a few hours.

Now my database dumps in seconds, and rsync takes care of new files just as fast.

--
                    Salutations, Vincent Veyron

https://libremen.com/
Legal case, contract and insurance claim management software

От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: Storing Video's or vedio file in DB.
От: Vincent Veyron
Сообщение: Re: Storing Video's or vedio file in DB.