Re: Partitioning WIP patch

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Partitioning WIP patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-02-26 02:20:21 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> The reason I'd like to do this with partitioning vs plain inheritance is
> presumably as we build out partitioning we'll get very useful things like
> the ability to have FKs to properly partitioned tables. Insert tuple routing
> could also be useful.

The problem there imo isn't so much inheritance, but lack of working
unique checks across partitions. That's something we can implement
independent of this, it's just not trivial.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS