Re: Passing password in psql command

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Passing password in psql command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 02:57:46PM +0530, Technical Doubts wrote:
> Dear Team,
> We are unable to connect to PostgreSQL db using psql by passing password
> parameter. If we don't give password, then on password promt it's accepting
> the password we type. But our scheduler script is having the psql line with
> password parameter. Helps highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

There is no option to provide password in command line.

You either have to use environment variable, as described here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-envars.html
or pgpass file, as described here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/libpq-pgpass.html

Both of these places are listed in docs for psql
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-psql.html) in
part "connecting to a database".

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/

От: Marco Nietz
Сообщение: Re: Passing password in psql command
От: "Ruth Melendo"
Сообщение: PostgreSQL with BDR. Problems when adding a sequence in a table column