Re: pg_upgrade and rsync

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar  6, 2015 at 10:50:27AM +0300, Vladimir Borodin wrote:
>     What I have done is to update the pg_upgrade instructions to add this
>     required step.  Updated doc patch attached.  (I also added the --delete
>     flag to rsync.)  Thanks so much for your detailed report.
>

> It seems to work fine now. The only thing that would be nice to change is
> to explicitly write that these instructions are correct for hot standby
> installations too.
>
> +     <para>
> +      If you have Log-Shipping Standby Servers (<xref
> +      linkend="warm-standby">), follow these steps to upgrade them (before
> +      starting any servers):
> +     </para>
>
> Actually, I’ve entered this thread because it is not obvious from the paragraph
> above or any other places.

Oh, very good point.  I was trying to match the wording we use in the
docs, but forgot that log shipping and streaming replication are
specified separately.

Updated patch attached.  You can view the output at:

    http://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/pgupgrade.html

Thanks much!

  + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Weirdly pesimistic estimates in optimizer
От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions