Re: Collation problem?

От Bjørn T Johansen
Тема Re: Collation problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:48:37 +0200
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-04-26 at 11:09 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> > Ok, tried to run:
> >
> > alter table medlem alter column fornavn varchar(50) collate nb_NO.utf8
> >
> > But I just get:
> >
> >  [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 42601]  ERROR: syntax error at or near "varchar"
> > (tried without the varchar also..)
>
> ALTER [ COLUMN ] column_name [ SET DATA ] TYPE data_type [ COLLATE
> collation ] [ USING expression ]
>

> You need to add the TYPE key word, I think.
>
> Oliver Elphick

Tried that to but got the same error..

But I think I need to create the collation in the database, but I am trying to run the following statement:

CREATE COLLATION nb_NO (LOCALE = nb_NO.utf8)

But then I get this:

ERROR:  could not create locale "nb_no.utf8": No such file or directory
DETAIL:  The operating system could not find any locale data for the locale name "nb_no.utf8".

I am using Fedora 21 and running locale -a shows these among the locales:

nb_NO
nb_NO.iso88591
nb_NO.utf8

What am I missing? I see the error message from pgsql shows the country code using lowercase, is that the problem?
Any ideas?

BTJ