Re: [sysadmins] messed up message/rfc822 in archives.pg.org

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [sysadmins] messed up message/rfc822 in archives.pg.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2015 12:16 AM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > I next tried forwarding it.  It worked fine, but the archives don't
> > display it well.  See for yourselves:
> >
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150610214737.GB133019@postgresql.org
>
> If you forwarded it as text it would've worked :-P

Why would I do that!  (I'm sure there's a keystroke or setting for that
in Mutt, but I never use it.)

> I'm betting the problem this time (not on a computer to confirm atm) is
> that your message was sent as one plaintext piece with nothing, or possibly
> your signature, in it. And then one rfc822 arraignment. We then extract the
> plaintext piece and show that.

Yeah, exactly.

> Actually doing a fully recursive parse of the mime structure can basically
> become arbitrarily complex. We could special case this one of course, but
> does it really happen often enough to be worth it? And when it had such a
> simple workaround (use plain text)?

Well, I think I have forwarded messages in counted other cases.  It's
not like I do it every week, but it does happen.  Then again, I'm not
writing any of that code ...

> > (Another fix would be that I no longer moderate pgsql-jobs, but then
> > somebody else would have to do it.  Should I ping pgsql-core to nominate
> > a moderator?)
>
> In that regard you are probably better off just asking for a volunteer
> first. Its not like someone can actually be appointed to it, they'd have to
> volunteer first..

I have appointed Vik Fearing, who volunteered on IM.  Other moderators
are Devrim (I'm sure you know the guy) and Josh Berkus.

Btw I received no less than FOUR notices on IM that my email on
pgsql-jobs surprised people.  I am happy not to moderate that list
anymore.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Apt & Downloads page
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [sysadmins] messed up message/rfc822 in archives.pg.org