Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 12:30:29PM -0400, Tim Clotworthy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a customer that is about to undertake a migration of an Oracle 11g
> database to PostgreSQL 9.x (exact version to be determined). I am talking
> not only of the migration of schemas and data, but also of a substantial
> codebase of Pl/SQL stored procedures, as well as many triggers.
>
> I don't think they know yet what they are up against. Everything I have
> read is that this is a very substantial effort. At this stage, they would
> be particularly interested in realistic and practical information on how to
> estimate the effort required as well as any best-practices or guidance on
> transition strategies.
>
> I have found official documentation on the PostgreSQL site for porting
> Pl/SQL to PL/pgSQL. This is excellent technical documentation. However,
> there success will require that they are well prepared realistically
> understanding the scope of the effor they are asbout to undertake.
>
> Thanks for any response!

Hi Tim,

You might want to give ora2pg a go (http://ora2pg.darold.net):

Features included:
       - Export full database schema (tables, views, sequences, indexes), with         unique, primary, foreign key and
checkconstraints.       - Export grants/privileges for users and groups.       - Export range and list partition.
-Export a table selection (by specifying the table names).       - Export Oracle schema to a PostgreSQL 8.4+ schema.
  - Export predefined functions, triggers, procedures, packages and         package bodies.       - Export full data or
followinga WHERE clause.       - Full support of Oracle BLOB object as PG BYTEA.       - Export Oracle views as PG
tables.      - Export Oracle user defined types.       - Provide some basic automatic conversion of PLSQL code to
PLPGSQL.      - Works on any plateform.       - Export Oracle tables as foreign data wrapper tables.       - Export
materializedview.       - Show a detailled report of an Oracle database content.       - Migration cost assessment of
anOracle database.       - Migration cost assessment of PL/SQL code from a file.       - Migration cost assessment of
OracleSQL queries stored in a file.       - Generate XML ktr files to be used with Penthalo Data Integrator (Kettle)
  - Export Oracle locator and spatial geometries into PostGis.

Regards,
Ken

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tim Clotworthy
Сообщение: Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration - Need Information
От: Suresh Raja
Сообщение: encrypt psql password in unix script