Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Configure with thread sanitizer fails the thread test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-08-17 14:31:24 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> The postmaster process in particular runs in a rather unusual
> arrangement, where most of the interesting stuff does happen in signal
> handlers.

FWIW, I think it might be worthwhile to convert postmaster into a loop
over a process local latch, with that latch being set in signal
handlers. My feeling is that that'd simplify the code rather
significantly. I'm not 100% it's worth the code churn, but it'd
definitely be easier to understand.  Thread sanitizer isn't the first
analysis tool that has problems coping with forks in signal handlers
btw, valgrind on amd64 for a long while had misaligned stacks in the
children afterwards leading to very odd crashes.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: Test code is worth the space
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6