Re: master slave failover - secondary slaves

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: master slave failover - secondary slaves
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steven Livingstone <steven@livz.org> wrote:

> Hi all, I am relatively new to Postgres but after some some work master/slave
> replication and failover working.
>
> I can use a trigger file to promote my first slave to a new master but where I
> am confused (from reading various docs) is quite how the second, third and so
> on slaves know there is a new master and point to it for replication etc.
>
> One place says it should be automatic (I don't find that) and another suggests
> you need to reconfigure each slave to point to the new Master (and I guess
> restart each).
>
> Can anyone clear this up?

Yeah, you have to change the recovery.conf to point to the new master.
Read more here:

http://michael.otacoo.com/postgresql-2/postgres-9-3-feature-highlight-timeline-switch-of-slave-node-without-archives/

Andreas

От: Steven Livingstone
Сообщение: master slave failover - secondary slaves
От: Steven Livingstone
Сообщение: Re: master slave failover - secondary slaves