Re: Auotmated postgres failover

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Auotmated postgres failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:34:18AM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> the most difficult part is reliably determining that A) the master has
> crashed, and B) fencing the failed old master so it doesn't wake up and
> think its still in charge.

And, depending on your workload, C) that you actually want to fail over.

I've seen an awful lot of people want automatic failover who also
can't afford for the already-committed transactions on the master to
be lost.  Unless you're running synchronous, be sure you have the
workload that can actually accept lost writes.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

От: Johannes
Сообщение: Re: long transfer time for binary data
От: Yury Zhuravlev
Сообщение: Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with MicrosoftVisual C++ 2015?