Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V18

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V18
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-07 21:10:19 +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Now I cannot see how having one context per table space would have a
> significant negative performance impact.

The 'dirty data' etc. limits are global, not per block device. By having
several contexts with unflushed dirty data the total amount of dirty
data in the kernel increases. Thus you're more likely to see stalls by
the kernel moving pages into writeback.

Andres

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: WIP: Upper planner pathification
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: RETURNING primary_key()