Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2016-03-08 16:21:45 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> +   durable_link_or_rename(tmppath, path, ERROR);
> +   durable_rename(path, xlogfpath, ERROR);

> You may want to add a (void) cast in front of those calls for correctness.

"correctness"?  This is neatnikism, not correctness. I've actually added
(void)'s to the sites that return on error (i.e. pass LOG or something),
but not the ones where we pass ERROR.

> -       ereport(LOG,
> -               (errcode_for_file_access(),
> -                errmsg("could not link file \"%s\" to \"%s\"
> (initialization of log file): %m",
> -                       tmppath, path)));
> We lose a portion of the error message here, but with the file name
> that's easy to guess where that is happening. I am not complaining
> (that's fine to me as-is), just mentioning for the archive's sake.

Yea, I think that's fine too.

- Andres

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions
От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V18