Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-19 16:44:49 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >

> > Attached is a significantly revised version of the earlier series. Most
> > importantly I have:
> > * Unified the window/unix latch implementation into one file (0004)
> >

> After applying patch 0004* on HEAD, using command patch -p1 <
> <path_of_patch>, I am getting build failure:
>
> c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> 'src/backend/storage/ipc/latch.c': No such file or directory
>
> I think it could not rename port/unix_latch.c => storage/ipc/latch.c.  I
> have tried with git apply, but no success.  Am I doing something wrong?

You skipped applying 0003.

I'll send an updated version - with all the docs and such - in the next
hours.

> One minor suggestion about patch:
>
> +#ifndef WIN32
>  void
>  latch_sigusr1_handler(void)
>  {
>   if (waiting)
>   sendSelfPipeByte();
>  }
> +#endif   /* !WIN32 */
>
>  /* Send one byte to the self-pipe, to wake up WaitLatch */
> +#ifndef WIN32
>  static void
>  sendSelfPipeByte(void)
>

> Instead of individually defining these functions under #ifndef WIN32, isn't
> it better to combine them all as they are at end of file.

They're all at the end of the file. I just found it easier to reason
about if both #if and #endif are visible in one screen full of
code. Don't feel super strong about it tho.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Performance degradation in commit ac1d794
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Combining Aggregates