Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Note: the reason for a new subdirectory, rather than putting this
> stuff into src/common/, is that src/common/ is meant for code that's
> shared between frontend and backend, which this stuff is not.  Also,
> many of these files depend on libpq which seems like an inappropriate
> dependency for src/common.

Actually you could just list them in OBJS_FRONTEND in src/common.  That
way they're not built for the server at all; no need for a new subdir.
The libpq dependency argument AFAICS only applies to the ones in
src/bin/psql.  Perhaps we could have feutils with those only, and move
the other files to src/common.

I'm unclear on the #ifndef PGSCRIPTS thingy in mbprint.c.  Perhaps it's
no longer needed?