Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Rationalizing code-sharing among src/bin/ directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> And where to put the corresponding header files?
> >> src/include/fe-utils?
>
> > Sounds fair but would that be installed in PREFIX/include/server?
> > That'd be a bit odd, but I'm not -1 on that.
>
> The only other plan I can think of is to put the .h files describing
> src/fe-utils files into src/fe-utils itself.  Which would sort of match
> the existing precedent of src/bin/ files looking into sibling directories
> for relevant .h files, but it seems a bit odd too.

I think it's better that they end up installed in
PREFIX/include/server/fe_utils rather than not installed at all, which
is what would happen, unless you were to create a tailored command in
make install.  For instance we have the ones for src/common in
PREFIX/include/server/common, which I suppose is useful for extensions
(we do install libpgcommon.a, which would be messy to use otherwise.)

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.6 behavior change with set returning (funct).*
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: README for src/backend/replication/logical