Re: Parallel Queries and PostGIS

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Parallel Queries and PostGIS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Paul,

* Paul Ramsey (pramsey@cleverelephant.ca) wrote:
> I spent some time over the weekend trying out the different modes of
> parallel query (seq scan, aggregate, join) in combination with PostGIS
> and have written up the results here:
>
> http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2016/03/parallel-postgis.html

Neat!

Regarding aggregate parallelism and the cascaded union approach, though
I imagine in other cases as well, it seems like having a
"final-per-worker" function for aggregates would be useful.

Without actually looking at the code at all, it seems like that wouldn't
be terribly difficult to add.

Would you agree that it'd be helpful to have for making the st_union()
work better in parallel?

Though I do wonder if you would end up wanting to have a different
final() function in that case..

Thanks!

Stephen

От: Paul Ramsey
Сообщение: Parallel Queries and PostGIS
От: Paul Ramsey
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Queries and PostGIS