Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2016-03-29 12:58:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Looking back at the earlier thread Andres mentioned, I see that he was
> specifically on about being able to do ereport(ERROR | LOG_NO_CLIENT),
> which I've got a problem with because of the point about not breaking
> wire-protocol expectations.

Yes.  The reason for doing it in that case is that we weren't allowed to
send errors to the client in that specific case - by the protocol state.

There's a number of cases during early startup/auth where we really
don't want client to get messages.

> and it doesn't look like he thought about the elevel-comparisons
> issue either.

Nope, I didn't. That's a long while ago ;)

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Move PinBuffer and UnpinBuffer to atomics