Re: BUG #14033: cross-compilation to ARM fails

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: BUG #14033: cross-compilation to ARM fails
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Re: Alvaro Herrera 2016-03-19 <20160319223826.GA333151@alvherre.pgsql>
> I suppose cross-building is supposed to work, but I'm not surprised if
> it actually doesn't; we don't have any cross-test-compile test in our
> buildfarm.
>
> So you first run configure for the host compiler, to build pg_config and
> zic, and then run configure again for the target compiler, and there's a
> "make distclean" in the middle and you also remove configure's
> config.cache.  Hmm ...

Fwiw, there's a related Debian bug about pg_config:

The problem discussed there is one step down in the dependency chain,
namely using pg_config+libpq for compilation of other packages, but
the pg_config-cross-compilation problem is probably similar.

My idea was to see if pg_config could be rewritten in sh or perl
instead so it could run both on the host and the build architecture,
but I never got around to actually implementing something. (And
there's the obvious problem that pg_config also needs to run on
Windows, so sh is probably out, if we'd want to have this included in
core. Maybe perl?)

Christoph

От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: Bus error in pg_logical_slot_get_changes (9.4.7, sparc)
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Repeated requests for feedback in logical standby