Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Дата
Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
* Peter Eisentraut (peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 5/6/16 2:06 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >Add TAP tests for pg_dump
>
> I'd be the first to welcome this, but what happened to feature freeze?

These are just new tests..?  I assumed that would be welcome during post
feature-freeze, and certainly no one raised any concerns about adding
these tests during the discussion prior to my commiting them.

We back-patch new tests from time to time too, when they're associated
with bug fixes, so I'm pretty confused why TAP tests would be an issue
to add on HEAD post feature-freeze.

If the consensus is that we shouldn't add new tests during feature
freeze, I'll revert the patch that added them and add them later, but,
for my 2c at least, I think we should be happy to add these even after
feature freeze.

Thanks!

Stephen

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump