Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
>
> > > The intagg contrib modules doesn't have a .c file either, nor a
> > > MODULES_big line, and I don't see any errors with it.  I'm not terribly
> > > familiar with how the Windows builds are run though.
> >
> > It looks like there's an exclude list that intagg is on for the MSVC
> > build animals, presumably because it doesn't have a .c file to be
> > compiled.
> >
> > I'm guessing the right answer here is to just add test_pg_dump to that
> > list.
>
> I don't like this solution, because it means pg_dump will get little
> testing on Windows.  I agree with reverting now and figuring out a way
> to enable this test on Windows after the beta.  I suggest you grab hold
> of your own Windows installation so that you can whack it locally until
> it works, rather than waiting for buildfarm cycles.

This is only for the test_pg_dump extension, which is specifically just
testing pg_dump with extensions.  The vast majority of the pg_dump tests
are in src/bin/pg_dump and should be getting run on the Windows systems
(once this issue is addressed).

Thanks!

Stephen

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add TAP tests for pg_dump
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: More small 9.6 release note improvements.