Re: Does my pg_xlog directory look right?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Does my pg_xlog directory look right?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

> No, it probably means that neither one has been written at all yet.
> Typically, when a WAL segment is deemed no longer needed, the file isn't
> physically removed but is merely renamed into place as a future segment.
> The idea is to reduce unnecessary filesystem work as we create and delete
> WAL segments.  You could check this out if you have pg_xlogdump at hand,
> by seeing whether the WAL file's first page header claims to belong to the
> segment indicated by the file name, or to some much-older segment.

This may be a good time to point out that pg_xlogdump fails completely
when a file's contents does not match the file name, with no indication
about what a better file name would be.  In other words, if a file has
been recycled and not written to yet under the new name, it doesn't tell
you anything useful.  This is pretty annoying.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Does my pg_xlog directory look right?
От: dstibrany@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: Does my pg_xlog directory look right?