Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server

От Eduardo Morras
Тема Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 13:25:21 +0200
Poul Kristensen <bcc5226@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> How to size a physical PG server?
>
> What does a physical PG server like concerning HW resources?
> number of cpu's(cache L1 expensive I think, L2 and L3), RAM?

a) Amount of data
b) Type of data (text (books), numeric (business data), real (scientific data), ...)
c) Relationship between data
d) Type of queries (OLTP/OLAP//Graph/... or Read vs Write or...)

Too much to answer in a mail. Check docs and manual

> Thanks
>
> Poul

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg@yahoo.es>

От: Imre Samu
Сообщение: Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server
От: Poul Kristensen
Сообщение: Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server