Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Patch to implement pg_current_logfile() function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:39:28 -0500
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 4:21 AM, Karl O. Pinc <kop@meme.com>
> > wrote:
> >> The bool types on the stack in logfile_rotate() are
> >> my work.  Bools on the stack don't make sense as far
> >> as hardware goes, so the compiler's optimizer should change
> >> them to int.  This patch changes the bools to ints
> >> should that be to someone's taste.
>
> > That does not seem like a good idea from here.  Even if it buys some
> > microscopic speedup, in a place like this it won't matter.  It's
> > more important that the code be clear, and using an int where you
> > really intend a bool isn't an improvement as far as clarity goes.
>
> Not to mention that the "bools on the stack don't make sense" premise
> is bogus anyway.

Thanks.  I don't think I've paid attention since 8088 days, just always
used bools.  We'll drop that patch then.

But this reminds me.  I should have used a bool return value.

Attached is a version 2 of
patch_pg_current_logfile-v14.diff.deletion-v2

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: patch: function xmltable
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: postgres 9.3 postgres_fdw ::LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer