Re: [HACKERS] Transaction oddity with list partition of a listpartition

От David Fetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Transaction oddity with list partition of a listpartition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 12:23:24AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm having some trouble understanding what's going on here.  When I \i
> the file in 55caaaeba877eac1feb6481fb413fa04ae9046ac without starting
> a transaction explicitly, it produces the expected results.  When I \i
> it after a BEGIN, not so much.

I've managed to get a shorter repro for the issue:

BEGIN;
CREATE TABLE the_log (   ts TIMESTAMPTZ NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,   "user" TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT
current_user,  action TEXT NOT NULL,   table_schema TEXT NOT NULL,   table_name TEXT NOT NULL,   old_row JSONB,
new_rowJSONB,   CHECK(       CASE action           WHEN 'INSERT' THEN old_row IS NULL AND new_row IS NOT NULL
WHEN'UPDATE' THEN old_row IS NOT NULL AND new_row IS NOT NULL           ELSE /*DELETE, and maybe TRUNCATE, if that's
supportedby access to old rows */               old_row IS NOT NULL AND new_row IS NULL       END   )

) PARTITION BY LIST(table_schema);
CREATE TABLE public_log   PARTITION OF the_log FOR VALUES IN ('public');
INSERT INTO the_log (action, table_schema, table_name, new_row)
VALUES ('INSERT','public','city','{"name": "Oakland", "population": 419267}');

leads to:

ERROR:  no partition of relation "the_log" found for row
DETAIL:  Failing row contains (2016-12-15 00:59:17.980094-08, shackle, INSERT, public, city, null, {"name": "Oakland",
"population":419267}).

Per Thomas Munro, could it be that the CREATE ... PARTITION OF ... code
fails to run CacheInvalidateRelcache on its parent(s)?

Best,
David.

Remember to vote!

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Quorum commit for multiple synchronous replication.
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Hang in pldebugger after git commit : 98a64d0